(updated August 5, 2021)
At this time, all in-person CSDS events will be vaccine only. This means you must be fully vaccinated in order to attend.
Proof of vaccination
Prior to registering for the event, you must submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (such as a copy of your vaccination card) to CSDS.
- You may submit proof via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only record your name and the date you are fully vaccinated (2 weeks after your final dose).
- We understand participants are concerned about the privacy of their information. We recommend covering up any personal information on your vaccination card other than your name when you send it to CSDS. Your email will be deleted once your information is reviewed.
- If you prefer, you may present your vaccination card in-person to a CSDS Board member for review at one of our socially distant events.
- The information you provide will only be used to verify your vaccination status and will not be kept for any other purpose or shared with any outside entity.
- You will only be asked to submit proof of vaccination once. You will then be cleared to register for all future vaccine only CSDS events.
- Anyone who provides falsified records or otherwise intentionally misleads CSDS about their vaccination status will receive a lifetime ban from all CSDS events.
When am I considered fully vaccinated?
You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine, such as the Pfizer or the Moderna vaccines. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after a single dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
What if I have immunity from a previous COVID-19 infection?
Based on CDC and Virginia Department of Health guidelines, natural immunity is insufficient to meet our immunity requirement at this time. CSDS will require proof of vaccinations for all participants, regardless of previous infection.
At this time we are limiting the number of attendees for each event. Therefore, we are asking participants to register ahead of time.
- To be eligible to register, you must first have submitted proof of vaccination.
- To register participants must email email@example.com requesting to register.
- Once you receive an email response from CSDS adding you to the registration list. If there is a fee to attend the event, you must pre-pay via PayPal to confirm your registration.
- We are asking participants to indicate their role preference (lead, follow or both) when registering to ensure equitable access to dance partners.
- Once all spots are filled, any additional persons who are interested in attending the dance will be put on a waiting list and notified if a spot becomes available.
- Anyone on the wait list who is unable to attend an event will automatically be given the first opportunity for registration for our next vaccine only event.
If you are ill, have symptoms associated with COVID-19 or have had a known exposure to COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please contact CSDS via email and we will issue a full refund for your registration. Do not attend the event.
CDC Guidelines recommend fully vaccinated individuals wear masks to indoor events in areas of substantial and high transmission. CSDS has attendees from throughout Central Virginia, including areas currently listed by the CDC as areas of high transmission. Based on CDC guidelines and emerging evidence that fully vaccinated individuals can spread and contract the COVID-19 Delta variant, CSDS is now requiring all participants wear masks. Masks must be worn for the entirety of the event, fully covering both nose and mouth.
We encourage all participants to practice good hand hygiene, which includes frequent sanitization and hand washing. Hand sanitizer will be available at registration and by the dance floor. Hand soap will be available in the restrooms.
Will refreshments be available?
To prevent the spread of disease and infection, at this time CSDS will only be offering individually packaged water bottles for refreshments. We encourage you to bring any outside non-alcoholic beverages or snacks you need.
When you arrive at the event, you will first check-in with event staff. They will verify that you are registered and have submitted proof of vaccination. Anyone who presents with symptoms associated with COVID-19 will be unable to attend the event and will be issued a full refund.
What are my options if I am not fully vaccinated?
We appreciate that some community members may have medical conditions that will not allow vaccinations and that others may not be comfortable with vaccinations. Unfortunately, for your safety and the safety of others, CSDS is unable to offer an in-person dance event for those community members at this time. There are local private instructors and studios who are continuing to offer classes via Zoom which we encourage all of our CSDS participants to support.