Charlottesville Swing Dance Society (CSDS) is a West Coast Swing dance club serving Charlottesville and the surrounding area. Look here for info on the next dance or checkout the newsletter below.
Read the CSDS May Newsletter.
Attendees of all CSDS events are expected to be familiar with and abide by our Code of Conduct.
CSDS has a new online registration process to help streamline dance registration and payment. See instructions below for more information.
Next Dance plus workshops: Saturday, May 21st
Dance Location: Ivy Creek United Methodist Church
We are excited to announce a special CSDS double workshop weekend with Jung Choe. Mark your calendar for Saturday, May 21st.
Please go to our Jung Choe Workshops page to for more details and to register.
- 6:00-7:00 pm: Intermediate Workshop 1 – Communication Skills
- 7:00-8:00 pm: Intermediate Workshop 2 – Creativity
- 8:00-11:00 pm: Dance with DJ Jung Choe
Vaccine verification and registration is required for all CSDS events (see below). Registration opens on the first of the month and ends at noon on the day of the dance. Go to Dance Registration once registration is open and your account is approved to reserve your spot!
- CSDS Members: $10
- General Admission: $13
- Students (full time w/ID): $5
- Birthday month Members: $5
- Children 17 & under: Free
- Vaccine verification (see below).
- Advanced registration is required for all CSDS events.
- Face masks are optional
Until further notice, all CSDS in-person events are vaccine only with advanced registration required; see the CSDS Vaccine Only Event Policies for our attendance/health policies including vaccine verification details.
We ask that dancers use our online registration process to help streamline dance registration and payment. To register for a dance please do the following:
- If you have not already done so, submit your one-time proof of vaccination to email@example.com.
- Create a CSDS account on our Create an Account page.
- Allow time for the account manager to verify your vaccination status. You will receive an email alerting you when your account is approved. This can take up to 48 hours.
- Once your account is approved you can go to Dance Registration to register and pay for the dance.
For more information and step by step instructions see our Online Registration FAQ document.
Submit one-time proof of your covid-19 vaccination by emailing CSDS. We recommend covering up any personal information on the vaccination card other than your full name. The CSDS Board believes vaccination is a key part to returning to social dancing and our entire Board has been vaccinated. For full information on our vaccine only events, please review the CSDS Vaccine Only Events Policies. The Charlottesville COVID vaccination center now takes walk-ins at certain times; you can schedule your appointment here.