Charlottesville Swing Dance Society (CSDS) is a West Coast Swing dance club serving Charlottesville and the surrounding area. Look here for info on the next dance or checkout the newsletter below.
Read the CSDS March Newsletter.
Attendees of all CSDS events are expected to be familiar with and abide by our Code of Conduct.
Your CSDS Board of Directors are exploring ways that we can connect to each other and to dancing while we wait to resume in-person events. Please take a couple of minutes to complete our anonymous survey. We want your feedback and ideas! The deadline for responding is midnight on Saturday, March 27th. Many thanks.
Next CSDS Dance – TBD
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, CSDS has decided to cancel all in person dance events until further notice. Please subscribe to our newsletter and like our Facebook page for updates and information on any virtual events. CSDS is committed to following all CDC and VDH coronavirus guidelines. We miss dancing and seeing everyone and look forward to when it is safe for us to gather in person.
Check out the many online WCS opportunities at our Dance Resources page.
Online Viewing Suggestions (for any online opportunities):
- For best viewing, watch on desktop/laptop/iPad. Most instructors are fine if you just watch but if possible have enough space to dance.
- Most instructors will provide a recording at the end of the session to send to attendees. Ask permission before deciding to record on your own.
- Be prompt. Many will have the virtual room open 15 minutes ahead of time but you may not be able to join if you are late.
- For best viewing of the instructor while they are giving the lesson, you’ll want to “pin video” of the instructor.
- You may be asked to turn OFF your video if the feed gets choppy. Otherwise, you are welcome to watch with your video on/off as you wish.
- For questions during the lesson, most prefer you use the chat feature. Otherwise, you can also click on the “Raise Hand” button if that option is available. Be patient if there are many attendees as the moderator might not see the Raised Hand right away.
- During any Q&A portion, it’s best to mute yourself when you are not talking. If you wish to talk, un-mute yourself.