Every Thursday from 7:30 – 9:00 pm!
Swing Swap is the longest running dance practice in Charlottesville. It is a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, where all levels are welcome and no partner needed. It’s a great place to meet others in our dance community!
Attendees of all CSDS events are expected to be familiar with and abide by our Code of Conduct.
Swing Swap has a temporary home at The Dance Spot (2nd floor studio) where CSDS is renting the studio through the end of March. Admission is $2 per person to cover the cost of studio rental. There is no Swing Swap on March 5.
While we are in The Dance Spot please note the following:
- Swing Swap is 7:30-9 pm. If you arrive early, you’ll need to wait inside the exterior glass door of the building until the Swing Swap host arrives.
- Please be sure to sign in when you enter the 2nd floor studio.
- Admission is $2 per person. Please bring exact change.
- Do NOT touch or lean up against the studio mirrors.
- Tap water is available for those who bring their own reusable water bottle.
Our eternal thanks to the Dynamic Duo of Lisa and Kevin, CSDS’ and Charlottesville’s dance ambassadors extraordinaire. They hosted Swing Swap for many years and welcomed dozens of new dancers to CSDS and the greater Charlottesville dance community. Their energy, enthusiasm and love for the dance will be missed.
CSDS is heartbroken over the passing of dancer Lisa Morales. Lisa was a well known and respected guidance counselor at Charlottesville High School as well as a long time CSDS member who, along with her partner Kevin Sumter, hosted Swing Swap and headed up our nominating committee for many years.
Please join us at a Celebration of Life for Lisa Morales on Friday, February 7th at Ivy Creek United Methodist Church (Fellowship Hall). More details to come but all will be welcome to come celebrate Lisa’s life. Teague Funeral Home is assisting the family and condolences may be made here.