Swing Swap is the longest running WCS dance practice in Charlottesville. It is a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, where all levels are welcome and no partner needed. It’s a great place to meet others in our dance community!
Attendees of all CSDS events are expected to be familiar with and abide by our Code of Conduct.
With the level of community transmission still HIGH for Charlottesville, Albemarle County and the entire state, the CSDS Board has decided to suspend hosting in-person dance events until the area’s transmission rate has declined. Neither Swing Swap nor our monthly 3rd Saturday dances will be held until further notice. We will continue to err on the side of caution rather than potentially put our dancers at risk, even with our vaccine only/face masks requirement. We appreciate your patience, understanding and support as we continue to navigate these challenging times. As always, if you have any questions/concerns, send us an email.
- Vaccine Verification required (see below).
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Advanced registration is now required for all CSDS events. Email CSDS up to a week in advance.
- You must arrive by 7:40 pm or forfeit your spot.
Submit one-time proof of your covid-19 vaccination by emailing CSDS. We recommend covering up any personal information on the vaccination card other than your full name. The CSDS Board believes vaccination is a key part to returning to social dancing and our entire Board has been vaccinated. For full information on our vaccine only events, please review the CSDS Vaccine Only Events Policies. The Charlottesville COVID vaccination center now takes walk-ins at certain times; you can schedule your appointment here.
- Swing Swap is 7:30-9 pm. If you arrive early, you’ll need to wait just inside the exterior glass door, until the Swing Swap host arrives.
- Please sign in and pay the $5 admission (exact change, please) when you enter the 2nd floor studio.
- Do NOT touch or lean up against the studio mirrors!
- Tap water is available for those who bring their own reusable water bottle.
- If you don’t feel well (fever, symptoms of a cold or flu), please do not attend; stay home and get better.
- In the event of cancellation, we will make a post by 2 pm the day of, if not sooner.