Swing Swap is the longest running WCS dance practice in Charlottesville. It is a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, where all levels are welcome and no partner needed. It’s a great place to meet others in our dance community!
Attendees of all CSDS events are expected to be familiar with and abide by our Code of Conduct.
Swing Swap Returns!
Swing Swap is held weekly on Thursday evenings from 7-8:30 pm at the Municipal Arts Center (aka “The MAC”), 1119 5th Street SW, across from 5th Street Station Shopping Mall.
This is a great venue with hardwood floors, a central location, and plenty of free parking. Many restaurants nearby for pre- and post- dance activities and fun.
Admission is a suggested donation of $3-$5 to help us pay the rental fee. Your support will help keep us dancing at one one the longest, continuous dance activities in the Charlottesville area.
What is SWING SWAP?
As the name implies, it is a casual dance activity where dancers can exchange dance ideas and skills. It’s “beginner friendly” and “becoming better” oriented for dancers of all skill levels. It is an informal, casual place to try out new moves, patterns and ideas. It is a safe place to practice and to ask one’s partner for feedback to improve. And for some, it’s just a chance to get a fix for their Westie dance addiction, mid-week, before the weekend dances that are starting to make a comeback. Like many social dances, however, Swing Swap is NEVER a place to offer unrequested feedback, criticism or evaluation.
- Swing Swap is 7:00-8:30 pm. If you arrive early, you’ll need to wait outside, until the Swing Swap host arrives.
- Please sign in and pay your donation as you enter (exact change, please).
- Tap water is available for those who bring their own reusable water bottle.
- If you don’t feel well (fever, symptoms of a cold or flu), please do not attend; stay home and get better.
- In the event of cancellation, we will make a post by 2 pm the day of, if not sooner.